Wednesday, August 5, 2009

July 25, 2009






It seems like a blur, but the wedding was spectacular, if I must say so myself. There was so much LOVE in the tent and garden... no one wanted the evening to end.... so it went on until 3 A.M. The band quit at 11 after a touching rendition of "Goodnight Irene". Hannah and Ian danced while the rest of us swayed arm in arm in a circle around them. Then the party continued around the firepit where Phil, Claire, Benny and Carl serenaded us with astonishing guitars and a ukelele. Phil played the entire Beatles White album as we sang along. From there it was Paul Simon, Greg Brown and after Terry and I went inside at 2, Janis Joplin. I wish I had some pictures from the campfire, but I don't. (Laura does - maybe she will add them to her blog: www.lbinsb.blogspot.com. She has such a way with words and pictures.

In these pictures you can see Liz and Anne picking beets for the salad (Ken was such a good sport to use our LOCAL produce), Ian and his Dad building the dance floor and platform for the band, Laura and Anne making the centerpieces from our flowers in the garden, and of course, the bride, just before the ceremony. That is when I put my camera down for the evening and just enjoyed the party. If I can figure out how to use others' photos here, I will include some from the reception. A wonderful time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment